01892 711 225
Insurance Valuation Services
Choosing the correct insurance cover and therefore type of valuation, to suit your circumstances and policy requirements, is very important considering the possible impact of being underinsured or not being covered at all.
We provide insurance appraisals for a variety of reasons, such as, but not limited to
* Full home contents valuation with values, specified where necessary.
* Specified item valuations for your house contents insurance policy
* An accurate inventory of your personal possessions with images and as much detail as you require for your records (values are not included)
Over the past ten years the value of much antique furniture, some ceramics and many other categories items, have dramatically reduced. However, some 20th century pictures, Chinese works of art, silver, gold and good pieces of jewellery and certain watches have increased markedly during the same period.
It is important that your jewellery and valuable belongings or antiques are adequately insured and that these valuations are up to date.
The British Association of Insurers reported that 25% of households with Home Contents Insurance are ‘under-insured’ by an average of 30% on their Home Contents policies; it may be worth considering an update of your existing insurance valuation, today.
The benefit of having a valuation carried out by our qualified and experienced valuer can be cost effective and provide you peace of mind.
It is prudent to have a re-appraisal undertaken periodically, otherwise cover based on a valuation provided some time ago may not be of sufficient value to restore the lost or damaged items and claims can be considered 'under-insured' by the Insurance Companies. Your insurer can advise you what their conditions of re-appraisal are.
Additionally an independent valuation for insurance ensures the premium you are paying is no higher than necessary.
Let us know what you need and we will produce you a professional insurance appraisal and valuation or home contents inventory that can,
in any unfortunate event, provide:
* A checklist to ensure all missing items can be claimed for and nothing will be overlooked
* Proof of ownership for the insurance company and for the police when the items are recovered
* A reference with sufficient detail to allow items of a comparable type and quality to be replaced or reproduced (a facsimile replacement)
* Ultimately, a professionally prepared and produced valuation provides a sound basis for a claim when necessary
If you would like a PDF copy of your insurance appraisal and valuation this can be supplied.
See RTW Valuations' Glossary of Home Contents Insurance Terms
Please Note: It is helpful if any receipts, certificates or other paperwork relevant to the item/s being appraised for an insurance valuation are provided with the item/s. These documents are required for any item/s, purchased within the last twelve months.
FORMS AND LINKS
We have provided you with the following links to guide you with helpful information.
RTW Valuations cannot be responsible for the availability and content of the sites. The links open in a new window/tab to view some of the forms you will need a PDF Adobe Reader.